Monday, May 7, 2012

I have a really good feeling about today.

Life Academy Idol
I'm waiting on more pic.'s and video. 

The HS students at LIFE-academy in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn lifted my spirits up higher then anyone has done since diagnosis. I feel like I can tackle the World today and I needed that lift, this week is gonna be a make em or break em week.

Let me tell you these kids have talent!  I was spell bound by the voices and performances from: Amber Lee, Jordan Knight, Alyvia Juarbe, Jaquae Lewis, Miriam Salazar,  Kiah Armstrong, Kiazi Halpren, Tiffanie Galan, Justin Jagbir, Michael Starks, Jessica Miranda, Mirianna Torres, Andrew Steinwurzel, Thadius Regisford and Mariah Ralph, Alex Vereen Sr., Eric Townsly, Colionne McDonald, Angel Lopez, Theresa McDonald and Juileon Alberion.... These kids brought the house down.

The concert was diverse, funny and uplifting.  I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced. There were solos by: Tiffanie Galan, Mariah Ralph, Miriam Salazar, Mirianna Torres, & Amber Lee... That brought tears to my eyes.

I loved the- The Life Academy Idol skit (I laughed my but off), music by DJ Julieon, dance solos, and tribute dance to MJ.  The show was very well directed, the musical director just so happened to be Mrs. Vereen (Reverend and former wife of Ben Vereen) Ben Vereen made a video for the show, highlighting the need to raise awareness and funds for Sanfilippo.  The sound system and production was donated by Paul Lee, who just so happens to be Shaggy’s tour manager.   The show was a class act and the kids couldn’t have been more respectful and appreciative to our cause.

Thank you Tiffanie Galan, for making this happen and Mr. Mandracchia for supporting Tiffanie’s idea and JJB.

I did a lot to promote the event, via web, press release etc.  But I didn’t twist the arms of any of my friends to come.  I knew it was not a good hour for those of us that have kids.  I sent Jeremy and Jonah home early.  Jonah was loosing it.  Today at school drop off I was really touched by how many of the parents asked how the show was and apologized for not making it (because their kids ate dinner, take baths and go to bed between 6-9.)  I get that... mine too.  Anyhow, I have gotten emails and facebook messages asking how others can support  LIFE-Academy’s efforts to raise $10,000 for JJB. To support “Helping Hands for Jonah” you can make donations through JJB’s cause wish
or you can contact Mr. Mandracchia. mr_m_scienceteach@yahoo.com and purchase a helping hand- hands that the kids are selling and posting on the hallway at their school.  Send Mr. Mandracchia a check in any denomination and mail it to: LIFE Academy H.S. Attention Mr. Mandrachia 2630 Benson Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11214.  Write the check to Jonah’s Just Begun.

The most adorable act belonged to Jonah.  When we were introduced on stage, I started my thank you speech.  Jonah stopped me in mid sentence and asked for the microphone I held it to his mouth.  He started to sing the ABC’s. He passed me the toy he was holding and took the microphone in both hands and proceeded to belt out the ABC’s.  He then took a bow and said thank you.  Priceless. That’s my boy.Helping Hands for Jonah- Cause Wish